The student news site of Olentangy Liberty High School.

Prom, Now and Then

Late Fall Activities

It has officially been pumpkin spice season for a several weeks now, but, with the weather finally cooling, it now feels like it too. People often associate fall with Halloween, which has passed, but it actually goes until late December. So here is a list of post-spooky season autumn activities in the area to do before all of the beautiful leaves fall off the trees.

1. Go to a pumpkin patch

There are many public-access farms in the surrounding rural areas. Many of these farms have picturesque pumpkin patches, rows of apple trees, and even corn mazes. Some of these farms are Lynd’s Fruit Farm, Leed’s Farm, and Lehner’s Pumpkin Farm.

2. Go apple picking

Many of the farms with pumpkin patches also have apple orchards, with rows of crunchy, ripe apples. Even if you choose not to buy any, many places allow you to eat them as you pick. The rows of uniform apple trees also make for great picture settings. 

3. Have a bonfire

A low cost but effective way to spend chilly fall evenings is having a bonfire with your friends or family. To make it cozier; bring out the blankets and marshmallows.  

4. Go hiking

Arguably, fall is a great season to go hiking. It’s not hot anymore, but its not freezing cold yet. The trees are glowing with red, orange, yellow, and green leaves; making for the best pictures. Some places in the area to go hiking are Hocking Hills State Park , O’Shaugnessy Nature Preserve, Highbanks Metro Park, and Shale Hollow Park. 

5. Have a ‘Friendsgiving’

Now that we are past Halloween, it’s time to prepare for the next fall holiday, Thanksgiving. While the actual holiday may be often reserved for family, celebrating with friends can be just as fun and way less stressful. Come up with a fun dress code and curate a perfect potluck menu to create the best memories. 

While these may be simple activities, you can spice them up in any way you choose to have the best autumn.