The student news site of Olentangy Liberty High School.

Prom, Now and Then

A Look Inside Wonderbus, Columbus’ 3-Day Music Festival

Wonderbus is a three day music, arts and culinary festival. It features multiple stages for concerts by a numerous number of artists. Some of this year’s headliners included Pitbull, Demi Lovato, CAAMP, Sean Kingston, Dayglow, The Driver Era, Almost Monday, and Surfaces. I attended all three days of the festival.

On the first night my friend and I camped out for Pitbull so we could be closer to the stage. We waited for 5 hours to see him but it was worth it. We met so many cool people who were also waiting for him. The set was incredible and full of energy and I loved his dancers. (Natalie Contini)
Saturday we got there an hour before the doors opened so we could be at the barricade for The Driver Era. I love this band and they were so good live. Ross Lynch interacted with the crowd throughout the show and I got so many good pictures and videos. Definitely my favorite set of the whole weekend! (Natalie Contini)
Dayglow was such a good set, it was right after The Driver Era so we had to run from one stage to the next, but it was so worth it. I forgot how many of their songs I loved and even though we were at the back of the pit I had so much fun. (Natalie Contini)
The next band up on the stage was Surfaces which was also really good. I didn’t know many of their songs but their vibes were so cool. The crowd for this set was also really engaged and we got closer to the stage for this one. (Natalie Contini)
The headliner for Saturday was Demi Lovato. Her vocals were amazing and she played a lot of her old songs. The stuff from her new album is not my favorite so I was happy she also played the older songs I knew. Overall, I was disappointed by her set because there was no energy on the stage. It was cool to see an all girl band with her though. (Natalie Contini)
Sunday we started with Almost Monday which I really loved. They were at Wonderbus last year too and they just have a great energy on stage. I really enjoy their songs. (Natalie Contini)
Last set we saw was Saint Motel. I was very surprised by how much I liked it. Their songs are so catchy and I knew more than I thought I would. During the last song, the lead singer climbed on the scaffolding to the roof of the stage and sang the song at least 20 ft in the air. It was crazy and a great way to end the festival. (Natalie Contini)

We ended up leaving after their set because of how tired we were. Overall, Wonder Bus this year was so fun, the headliners and other music acts were so amazing and I can’t wait to go next year.