The student news site of Olentangy Liberty High School.

OLHS Boys Volleyball Wins Big

Olentangy Liberty Boys Volleyball Varsity and JVA both beat Westerville North High School while OLHS JVB beat Gahanna Lincoln High School on Monday.

OLHS Varsity beat Westerville North High School in three straight sets, 25-14, 25-12, and 25-9. OLHS JVA beat Westerville North High School in two straight sets, 25-17 and 25-19. OLHS JVB also picked up a win against Gahanna Lincoln High School in a battle that took three sets at home, April 1st, 2024.

OLHS Varsity Swept Westerville North High School, with huge help from the team’s front three players, Caden Whiteside ‘24, Jake Koch ‘24, Jack Torson ‘24, and setter Connor Severson, they were able to expose weaknesses in WNHS’ defenses. The team played together and made very few mistakes leading them to a large margin of victory. The team is currently 8-1 so far on the season.

OLHS JVA was able to rebound from a push by Westerville North to start the second set falling behind 16-12 but were able to rebound to 17-17 with great serving by Vihaan Soni and setting by Tyler Ozbun to close the gap and take a commanding position to end the game in the second set, 25-19. The team finally began to come together and work to defend the court. JVA is currently 3-3 on the season.

OLHS JVB played to the third set, ending the game with a kill by Taha Al-Ghuri assisted by Minjoon Kim’s set, as well as some great serving streaks by Darren Rodriguez and Jerry Senthilkumar, helped the team get their first win so far this season. They currently are 1-3 so far this season.