The student news site of Olentangy Liberty High School.

Zen Hen Has Something For Everyone

Zen Hen Has Something For Everyone

Zen Hen is a relatively new store in downtown Powell that sells clothes, accessories, and decorations. It supports many small businesses and charities in and around Ohio. 

Zen Hen is located at 37 S Liberty St, Powell, OH 43065, next to Fig and Row and across from Buzzed Bull Creamery. Currently, it is only the lower section of the establishment, but they are working on opening the upper level. 

My personal favorite thing I have from the shop is the jewelry, they have a wide selection of bracelets, necklaces and earrings. Like most things in the shop, the jewelry will either support a small business or a charity. Another personal favorite of mine is the house plants and pots. They are all decorated beautifully and are of great quality, there is a wide range of colors and sizes so there is something for everyone. Their clothes are also a fan favorite. They change their clothes depending on the season and current trends, so there is also something cute in store. They also have sweatpants and sweatshirts with blue hearts supporting autism awareness. They also have t-shirts with their store logo on them. Many of their other items, including their t-shirts, go to the Wonder Willy charity that works to fight pediatric brain cancer. 

This store is super cozy and friendly, and the interior has almost a rustic hippie vibe. The inside has a main room with jewelry and home decorations and a side room with clothes. It is a family-run business, so you always feel welcome and loved. Everyone is always so kind and willing to talk about their day or anything else on your mind. They are always willing to help you find what you’re looking for. There is also their dog, who is super sweet and loves getting played with. That being said, if you are allergic to dogs, you might want to avoid them. Even so, all the products I have ever bought have always been spotless. 

This store may be a bit on the pricier side, with jewelry costing $5-$32, hats costing $20-$35, and clothes costing $10-$55. Even so, it is all worth it because the quality of goods is higher than most other stores. Your purchases also go to good causes, so you know your money is being put to good use. 

Overall, this store has so many interesting products that all support different charities or small businesses. The store has a great feel and is very welcoming and friendly. Even though it is a bit more expensive than other stores, you are getting the best quality and supporting charities at the same time. This is one of my favorite places to buy gifts, jewelry, and house plants, and it is overall just amazing.