The student news site of Olentangy Liberty High School.

Liberty Track Teams Win First Dual Meet Against Dublin Jerome

The Liberty boys and girls Track and Field teams were both victorious in their dual meet against Dublin Jerome on April 11. The boys team won 100-28, while the girls won 109-28.

4x800m Relay

Liberty took the top two spots in the boys relay, with the team of Zeid Rabi, Noah Miller, Shrey Mhaskar and Louie Perry getting the win with a time of 8:10.71. This is currently the best time in the central region. Dublin Jerome didn’t run a girls relay, so Liberty raced for time with the team of Grace Boettcher, Ava Milton, Teagan Pugh and Mia Cozzolino running 11:57.44.

100m/110m Hurdles

Liberty took first and third in the boys 110m hurdles, with Agustin Martinez winning in 15.98, and James Jones in third. Jerome’s Ryan Janiak won the girls 100m hurdles with a time of 16.68, followed by Liberty’s Katherine Shepard and Maria Stack.

100m

Liberty had the top three places in both the boys and girls races. James Brickner won for the boys with a time of 11.25, followed by Christian Moulton and Greyson Harpman. Sophia Sampson won the girls race in 12.18, with Kennedy Elfers and Alexis Mitchem following.

4x200m Relay

The Liberty boys only ran one relay team and made it count, winning in 1:36.01 with a team of Andrew Kerscher, Zach Nelson, Mohammad Yaeish and Jonah Lloyd. The top two spots on the girls side belonged to Liberty, with the team of Kennedy Elfers, Alexis Mitchem, Addyson Brown and Eva Mackan winning with a time of 1:47.52.

1600m

Liberty’s Zeid Rabi won the boys race with a time of 4:26.25, while Sam Brockbank finished third. Liberty held the top three spots in the girls race, with Olivia Bachmann winning in 5:53.27, followed by Addy Miller and Sydney Horvath.

4x100m Relay
An all-freshman Liberty team of Heath Helmling, Max Ford, Daniel Anyanechi and Levi Smith got the win with a time 46.10, narrowly defeating another Liberty team. Liberty’s team of Amelia Sigmund, Natalie Nichols, Kyla Price and Jill Varchetti won the girls race, while another Liberty team placed third.

400m

Carter Sullivan won the boys race for Liberty with a time of 52.60, while Jacob Ogilbee placed third. Liberty occupied the top three spots in the girls race, with Sophia Sampson winning in 1:00.58, followed by Sadie Okonak and Becca Henry.

300m Hurdles

Liberty’s Andrew Kerscher earned the win in the boys race with a time of 43.26, followed very closely by teammate Agustin Martinez. Maria Stack won the girls race for Liberty in 47.92, while Katherine Shepard took third place.

800m

The boys race was won by Liberty’s Aadi Joshi in 2:04.11, while Jacob Ogilbee finished third. Katie Boettecher won the girls race for Liberty with a time of 2:33.96, followed by Sydney Horvath in second.

200m

Liberty’s boys and girls teams swept the top three in this event. Levi Smith won the boys race in 23.37, followed by Cayden Kocher and Stephan Dawit. On the girls side, Sophia Sampson won her third race of the night with a 25.47, with Kennedy Elfers and Alexis Mitchem behind her.

3200m

Jerome’s Cayden McClure won the boys race with a time of 10:03.55, followed by Liberty’s Sam Perez and Ian Kramer. Jerome didn’t have any girls in this race, so the Liberty runners got to compete against each other. Olivia Bachmann won with a time of 13:18.87, followed by Addy Miller and Aly Sutton. 

4x400m Relay

Liberty capped off their dominant night with wins in both the boys and girls races. The team of Aadi Joshi, Louie Perry, Sam Brockbank and Jacob Ogilbee won the boys race in 3:40.18. The girls race was won by Hannah Spires, Alison Amelung, Liliana Zieg and Bridget Snider, who ran 4:31.35. Another Liberty team came away with third.

The team’s next meet is on Wednesday, April 24 at home against Hilliard Bradley.