The student news site of Olentangy Liberty High School.

Prom, Now and Then

New Olentangy Model UN General Assembly is appointed

On Friday February 9th, Saturday February 10th, and Sunday February 11th, the Olentangy Model Un took place at the Columbus atheneum. In a significant milestone for the Olentangy Model United Nations club, history was made as Caroline Mohler assumed the role of General Assembly for the first time. 

This achievement marks a momentous step forward for gender equality and representation within the club.

The Olentangy Model UN, known for its dedication forming and developing diplomacy skills, critical thinking, and global awareness among students, has had a very structured and expected outcome with officer elections. With its simulation of real-world UN proceedings, the club provides students with a platform to engage in debates, negotiate resolutions, and tackle pressing global issues.

The appointment of a Mohler as GA not only reflects the club’s commitment to diversity and inclusivity but also highlights the growing recognition of women’s leadership capabilities in traditionally male-dominated fields. 

“I’m really excited to play a larger role in the club this and carry on the legacy of the GA seniors from last year,” Mohler said.

As the first woman to hold this prestigious position, Mohler serves as an inspiration to her peers and future generations of aspiring diplomats.

I really wanna carry on the success of this club,” Mohler said.