The student news site of Olentangy Liberty High School.

Prom, Now and Then

Columbus, Ohio stop of “It’s All A Blur Tour” Postponed

Drake’s Columbus stop of his “It’s All a Blur Tour” at the Schottenstein Center was postponed, again, from October 9th to an undetermined date.

Drake originally was supposed to perform in Columbus twice this tour, on July 1 and July 2. However, the July 2 date was canceled due to scheduling conflicts, and the July 1 date was rescheduled for October 9. Now, the Columbus concert, along with his stops in Denver, New Orleans, and Nashville have been postponed to an undetermined date.

“A new date is being finalized and details will be announced in the coming weeks,” a message on Drakerelated.com says. “Fans are encouraged to hold onto their tickets. All tickets will be honored.”

We reached out to @champagnepapi, Drake’s Instagram, but he did not comment on the situation. Many fans expressed disappointment about the concert being postponed again and potentially going to the tour over 6 months after they initially were supposed to.

“I bought a whole outfit over the summer just to be prepared for the concert in July. Then it ended up getting moved to October,” Caroline Mohler said. “I was mad about this, but I was still looking forward to seeing him.”

However, the unexpected delay has been beneficial for some people.

“I was looking forward to going to the concert but I’m kind of relieved that it got postponed because I was supposed to have a test the day after the concert,” Saniya Teni says.

With these two delays, fans are speculating that Drake might cancel the Columbus show. 

“If Drake cancels the show I might seriously reconsider going to his concert ever again. And if he doesn’t refund me I’ve wasted a ton of money,” said Mohler.