The student news site of Olentangy Liberty High School.

Liberty’s Acapella Groups Prepare for Their First Acapop Concert

On Wednesday, November 1, 2023, Liberty’s acapella groups, The Sounds of Liberty and Liberty Belles, are performing at their first acapop concert. The concert is at 7 pm in the school theater.

“Acapop concerts are where we sing pop songs that people actually know,” says Saniya Teni, co-president of the Liberty Belles, “So when you come it’s a lot more fun than a choir concert because you can get out of your seat, and really jam out and make some noise.”

Both of the groups have been preparing for this concert since the beginning of the school year. Liberty Belles is the all-female acapella group at Liberty. They are performing “Don’t Blame Me” by Taylor Swift, “Before He Cheats” by Carrie Underwood, and a handful of other popular songs at this concert. 

“We are all really excited about this concert,” says Teni, “We all love these songs and they’ve sounded so good while practicing.”

Sounds of Liberty is also performing at this concert. Sounds of Liberty is a mixed acapella choir, with treble and bass singers. 

“The acapop concert is really fun, everybody is cheering and stuff and it’s like an actual concert,” said Lexi Cooper, beatboxer for the Sounds of Liberty, “We’re all super excited for the concert and have been working really hard.”

Sounds of Liberty is performing “All for Us” by Labrinth and Zendaya, “Praying” by Kesha, and more at this concert. 

“We can’t wait to see everyone there,” says Cooper.