Stephen Curry Breaks All-Time Three-Point Record

Luke Godwin, Staff Writer

Tuesday, December 14th marked a day in the National Basketball Association that none will soon forget. The game between the Golden State Warriors and New York Knicks saw Stephen Curry break the all time three-pointers made record previously held by Ray Allen. Curry now sits at a total of 2,977.

Steph Curry is the son of former NBA player and sharpshooter, Wardell “Dell” Curry. Curry is also brothers with Philadelphia 76ers Guard, Seth Curry, who is a great shooter in his own right. 

Coming out of high school, Curry was a three star recruit but only received seven offers from Division 1 programs. Curry decided to commit to Davidson College.

In the eyes of NBA scouts, he went mostly unnoticed until the 2009 season. Curry finished the year as the 2009 Southwestern Conference Player of the Year and he was a consensus First Team All-American. The season prior Davidson made the NCAA Tournament led by Curry. They took down basketball powerhouses like Georgetown and Wisconsin on route to advancing to the Elite Eight. 

Curry would head to the NBA Draft after the 2009 season and be drafted 7th overall to the Golden State Warriors. It’s safe to say he has had quite the career. Curry is a 3 time NBA Champion, 2 time MVP, 7 time All-Star, 6 time All-NBA and 2 time NBA scoring champ.  He will forever be remembered as one of the greatest shooters to break the record.