College Football Week 13 Predictions- Chris Shutrump 20’ (19-10) and Preston Oliver 20’ (21-8)

College Football Week 13 Predictions

AP
Ohio State wide receiver Austin Mack (11) makes a reception, defended by Michigan defensive backs Tyree Kinnel (23) and Brandon Watson (28), in the third quarter of an NCAA college football game in Ann Arbor, Mich., Saturday, Nov. 25, 2017. Ohio State won 31-20. (AP Photo/Tony Ding)

By: Chris Shutrump 20’ (19-10) and Preston Oliver 20’ (21-8)

4 Michigan vs 10 Ohio State- Chris Shutrump 20’

The Game. The best rivalry in the sport will take place in Columbus for all the marbles, including a B1G East division championship and a chance at the CFP. Ohio State has dominated this rivalry for the last 14 seasons winning 13 of the last 14 match-ups. Despite the Buckeyes streak of dominance, Ohio State will have to overcome something for the first time in the Urban Meyer era. They open as home underdogs for the first time since Meyer was a Utah. Michigan is clearly the better and more disciplined team on paper; but nothing on paper matters these days so don’t buy in to what you see. Since the Wolverines week one loss at Notre Dame, Michigan’s “Revenge Tour” has been all they need to stay motivated. Michigan has clobbered it’s way through the likes of Wisconsin, Penn State, Michigan State, and now awaits Ohio State. Harbaugh’s Wolverines lost to all of these teams last year and have flipped the script to win them all this year. It’s safe to say the “Revenge Tour” is going well, but, the best most important opponent awaits in Columbus.

Prediction: Ohio State lays it all on the line winning their seventh consecutive over the Wolverines; Buckeyes in a close one 28-27.

6 Oklahoma vs 13 West Virginia- Chris Shutrump

And a game that would aside everything, this one will be a classic Big 12 shootout. In a showdown between two prolific offenses and two Heisman contenders, this one will be a high-scoring game it might be one for the ages. Although the Mountaineers are coming off a loss at Oklahoma State, this will only put fire in the engine Dana Holgorsen to compete for a Big 12 title. Oklahoma on the other hand, still has a shot to get into the Playoff which will make this game even more meaningful for the Sooners. Buckle up, because we’re in for a wild one in Morgantown.

Prediction: Oklahoma pulls away late furthering their Playoff hopes; 48-38 Sooners.

16 Washington vs 8 Washington State- Preston Oliver

If you would have told me that Washington State would head into the last week of the regular season ranked eighth in the nation, I would have called you crazy. But here we are and the Cougars have made it to week 13 with only one loss. Nobody would have expected Senior quarterback Gardner Minshew II to have such a breakout season. He has thrown for 36 touchdowns with only seven interceptions, and he definitely deserves all the Heisman hype he’s gotten lately. Minshew has been great, but their pesky defense has given them a chance in every game this season. Washington on the other hand, was a preseason favorite to win the PAC-12 and perhaps even make it to the playoff. But a couple close losses has dismantled any of their playoff hopes. They still have a great roster filled with future NFL players, and they still have a chance to win the PAC-12 and make it to the Rose Bowl with a win on Friday. Senior running back Myles Gaskins will be a key factor in this rivalry game.

Prediction: Washington will slow down Minshew, and win a shocker in the Apple Cup. 26-20 Washington.

3 Notre Dame vs USC- Preston Oliver

One more win. That’s surely all it will take for Notre Dame to make it to their first ever College Football Playoff, and they have to like their chances. All season long, Notre Dame has beaten up on inferior opponents, and this game should be no different. Senior running back Dexter Williams should run all over the Trojans 69th ranked run defense, and this game shouldn’t even be close. This isn’t the same USC team we have seen in the past. They have had to replace lots of NFL talent including last year’s third overall pick Sam Darnold. The Trojans just don’t have enough talent or good enough coaching to get the job on Saturday night.

Prediction: Notre Dame wins convincingly as they prepare for their first College Football Playoff appearance. 38-14 Notre Dame.

Auburn vs 1 Alabama- Chris Shutrump

Alabama is the best team in the country, the Tide are probably on their way to being the best team ever barring a National championship win this January. Either way Nick Saban will not lose a home game in November to a stumbling Auburn team.

Prediction: Alabama trounces Auburn in the Iron bowl on their way to Atlanta; 38-14 Tide.

Georgia Tech vs 5 Georgia- Preston Oliver

Rivalry games certainly bring out the best in teams, regardless of what their record says about them. That should be the case on Saturday, as the 7-4 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets face the 10-1 Georgia Bulldogs. Georgia Tech has one of the trickiest offenses to defend with a triple option system. It takes a quarter or two to really get adjusted to it. So expect the Yellow Jackets to be in the game in the first half. But Georgia is way to talented and disciplined to lose this game. It is at home and I’m almost positive they will adjust to the tough offense of Georgia Tech. Expect Georgia to pull away in the second half.

Prediction: Georgia will win a tough rivalry game due to their consistency running the ball. 41-24 Bulldogs.